In 1990, Sekthaus Raumland was founded by Volker Raumland, often described as the pioneer / the grandseigneur / the Sektpapst in Germany. Volker Raumland is the one who dared to start a new “quality revolution” in German Sparkling Wine. The two daughters Marie-Luise and Katharina are joining the family estate in 2020, continuing with the same passion and love for high-quality German sparkling wine that their parents had and still have.
Sekthaus Raumland is purely focused on the production of Sekt and thus the whole work is organized around and adjusted for the elaboration of the most delicate and finest sparkling wines.
The process is very carefully hand selected and harvested manually. The grapes are placed in small 15 kg boxes to assure that none of the fruit is damaged. Grapes are picked at 75 to 80 Oechlse, the optimum must weight for sparkling wine. Whole cluster pressing is used to preserve fruit aromas with no maceration, no mashing and no pumping of the juice. Only the best part of the grape – the “Cuvée” – is used. It takes up to 4 hours to run the whole cluster press program which involves the careful segmentation of the juice into “Cuvée” (roughly 50% of the most) and “Taille” (roughly 10-20%). To control phenolics the press is stopped after the last “Taille” run. After primary fermentation, blending (assemblage) and bottling, the second alcoholic fermentation occurs in the bottle (traditional bottle fermentation). The sparkling wines are stored in a four stories deep cellar to achieve optimum ripeness and “pin point” mousse. The sparkling wines are continuously monitored and tasted to assure optimum quality. The factor “time” plays a role of paramount importance for Raumland’s sparkling wines. The “youngest” Sekt lies on lees for a minimum of 4 years, the most prestigious Sekt even up to 12 years (without losing its freshness and crisp character). All the Sekt receive a low level of dosage (all < 6g) to not hide its natural taste.
- New member of VDP 2020 (Verband Deutscher Prädikatsweingüter) as first VDP.Sektgut
- Vinum Deutscher Sekt Award 2019: Sekt of the year and best German sparkling wine (among 500 different Sekt) “2008 Vintage Blanc de Noirs Brut“
- Eichelmann 2020: Sekthaus Raumland receives the title “World-Class Winery” and is awared with the fifth star (out of 5)
- Vinum Weinguide 2020: Our Grande Cuvée “X. Triumvirat” becomes “Germany’s Best Sparkling Wine”
- Gault Millau 2020: Our “2008 MonRose” receives the highest ever evaluation of 97 out of 100 points
- Meininger Deutscher Sektpreis 2019: For the fifth time in a row, Sekthaus Raumland wins “The Best Sparkling Wine Collection of the year”
- Falstaff 2019: Our Grande Cuvée “X. Triumvirat” becomes the best German Sekt in the category “vintage sparklings”
- Weinfeder e.V. 2019: Wine personality of the year 2019
Founded in 1990
Hohen Sülzer Kirchenstück
Decomposed shell and algae limestone,
alluvial soils with marl, also terra fusca.
Raumland, Cuvee Marie-Luise Brut Blanc de Noir Sekt
Raumland, Cuvee Katharina, Blanc de Noir Sekt
Raumland, Rose Prestige Brut Sekt
Raumland, Triumvirat Grand Cuvee Brut Sekt
100% Organic Certified
Joined in 2019
2013 Raumland, Cuvee Marie-Luise Brut Blanc de Noir Sekt
2014 Raumland, Cuvee Katharina, Blanc de Noir Sekt
2015 Raumland, Rose Prestige Brut Sekt
2010 Raumland, Triumvirat Grand Cuvee Brut Sekt